Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Winky Face.

So you know I'm using it in access here so you understand what I mean. ;) 

So I don't mind the occasional wink face from a close friend or something but it gives me the hee bee jee bees or however you say that when it's used a lot... or ever really. ;) I mean it holds so much meaning that it just rubs me the wrong way. ;) Are you flirting? ;) Are you just kidding around? ;) Are you thinking you're funny? ;) Do you have something in your eye? ;) People don't often wink in public, and when they do it's considered creepy, so why wink in texting or comments? ;) 

It just adds so much more to what you are saying and I don't really like it. ;) I can't even say I would enjoy a winky face from someone like James Lafferty or Darren Criss. ;) (see that sentence is ten times creepier with the use of the winky face ;) ) It really just makes me say vom.com and that's why it's on the blog today because it's been rubbing me the wrong way lately. ;) 

Anyway, it's fine if you want to use them, I won't judge you, just think before you wink. ;) Also if you liked the winky face before this post I can guess you aren't too keen on it now. ;) 

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha, yes. You just made me think twice about using a winky face. I definitely overuse emoticons in general. Kate says that usually a smiley in a text means you're flirting but I'm the exception to the rule. Almost every text I send has a smiley, oops, then again I could just be flirting ;)

    ReplyDelete