Monday, October 29, 2012

Not Clearing the Microwave.

This always comes up when I'm home. No one ever clears the microwave buttons (so that it reads the time) after using it. This really has me thinking vom.com for a few reasons... 

First of all, just set the microwave to the time you need it to be set to and this will never be a problem. Don't set it for four minutes and stop it at one minute... Just set it for three. The only time I can really approve of stopping the microwave early is when making popcorn, because let's face it those bags NEVER pop at the desired speed. 

Second of all, if you do have to stop the microwave prematurely simply press "Cancel" twice. It's so easy, you're already exposing yourself to all the radiation you could ever need, might as well press the button twice. (Just a friendly public service announcement... It beeps three times at the end because it's getting rid of the radiation... Premature opening of the microwave is dangerous)


How much of a difference does 45 seconds even make?!


The worst part of all of this is, I'll come out of my room after a nap to grab a snack and look to the microwave for the time (because it's at my eye level... AKA above the stove) and see "3:20" and think "OMG I OVERSLEPT AND MISSED MY SHOWS" or "Oh... I only slept for twenty minutes?" Then I realize... "OH NO someone decided to abort heating up their lunch and left me to ponder how long I slept." It's also confusing sometimes: Is the microwave set to one minute? Or is it one o'clock? 

GURL WUT TIME IZ IT?

I know you may be thinking "Gurllll re-to-the-lax, it's just a microwave" but yah know... It's more than that. It's a clock too and when I look at it I don't like seeing "Press Start" flashing across the little screen. So when you heat something up, whether it's popcorn, mac and cheese, or a burrito (I don't know just things I'm craving)... Just press the cancel button twice. Or wait it out and have a delicious HOT meal instead of a luke warm one. 

Ding! Perfect Timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment